Skip to main content
Graduation Class of 2019 57.jpg

Registrar Services

VCOM’s Office of the Registrar is committed to serving prospective and current students, graduates, faculty, staff, and administration.  The Registrar’s office serves as a primary resource for information and record-keeping, including but not limited to, annual enrollment updates and verification, student transcripts, application to ERAS, graduation readiness, and post-graduation credential verification.  The Office of the Registrar is compliant with the directives, mandates, and recommendations provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. 

Name Change Request

To have your name officially changed by VCOM, you will need to complete the Name Change Request Form and submit it, along with the following supporting documentation, to the Office of the Registrar:

  • Copy of social security card with your new name;
  • Copy of driver’s license with your new name; and
  • Copy of one form of legal documentation certifying your name change (marriage license, divorce decree, court order, etc)

Changes to a student’s name will not be made after the student graduates.

Name Change Request (PDF)


AAMC/ERAS Token Request

Current students will automatically receive a token during the third academic year of medical school. Former students needing an ERAS token should contact the Office of the Registrar, using their assigned and secure VCOM email address.

Certified Diploma Copies

At graduation, all graduates are given a jpg copy of their diploma. However, alumni may request a jpg copy of their diploma at any time by completing and submitting the Document Request Form.

Change of Status

Students who wish to withdraw or take a leave of absence must contact the Associate Dean for Student Affairs for more information.

Fellowship Program Request

VCOM graduates who wish to apply for a fellowship can request their VCOM records be submitted through the Electronic Fellowship Documents Office (EFDO) as part of ERAS (see ERAS for instructions). Please also notify the Office of the Registrar via email, using your assigned and secure VCOM email address, regarding your fellowship request.

Health Professionals Scholarship Program (HPSP)

Any student required to submit enrollment documentation as part of HPSP should provide the required form to the Office of the Registrar.

Loan Deferments

Deferment forms are to be provided by the student, along with the name and address or fax number where the completed form should be sent. These documents will be processed in the order in which they are received, and only for enrolled students. New student requests will be processed after matriculation.

Notary Services

The Office of the Registrar offers Notary services for current students only. If you are a current student and require Notary services, please visit the Office of the Registrar, Monday-Friday from 1-4 pm or schedule an appointment.

USMLE Certification of Identification and Authorization Form

In order to take the USMLE, submit the Certificate of Identification and Authorization Form to the Office of Registrar. This service is available during the weekday, check individual campus for specific days and times.

Verification/Certification of Education for Residency, Licensures and Fellowships

If you have a form that needs to be completed in order to verify education for your residency, licensure or fellowship, please send the form(s) to the Office of the Registrar by email, fax or regular mail.

Veteran Benefits

Any student receiving veteran benefits should notify the Office of the Registrar for instructions.  The Office of the Registrar does not determine eligibility or have access to any students’ Veterans Affairs records.  An Educational Veteran’s Benefit Form supplied by the Office of the Registrar will need to be completed.  Please note that any outside scholarships that pay toward tuition and fees may cause a reduction in the amount received through the VA benefits. 

Veteran’s Educational Benefits Request Form (PDF)


Registrar's Office

2265 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060


Registrar's Office

350 Howard Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303


Registrar's Office

910 S. Donahue Drive
Auburn, AL 36832


Registrar's Office

4408 Bon Aire Drive
Monroe, LA 71203