Welcome VCOM Alumni,
As a VCOM graduate, we welcome you as a valued member of the VCOM Alumni Association. Our goals include:
- providing opportunities for current students to become active with alumni,
- providing pathways for alumni to participate in continuous improvements in their practices and lives,
- providing mentor opportunities for VCOM students and prospective students, and
- fostering lifelong learning opportunities and career connections for alumni.
Some of the benefits of being a VCOM alumni:
- discounts at school-based CME events,
- copies of the VCOM View and the annual report,
- automatic inclusion in an annual lottery for 2 box seats at a Virginia Tech football game,
- hotel stay discounts (password: ALUMNI), and
- travel discounts.
VCOM reaches out to alumni at several osteopathic conferences. Look for the VCOM exhibit at AOA-OMED and AAO Convocation, as well as at many state and regional conferences. It is always a pleasure to host social events at the conferences to honor you. These provide an opportunity to catch up and listen to ideas on how the Association might better meet your needs.
The annual VCOM Homecoming for the Virginia campus is a fabulous weekend where we welcome you and your families back to Blacksburg. VCOM will be celebrating the 10th year Homecoming this fall. This big event will be held in conjunction with VOMA and will offer 14 1-A CME credits. All alumni are encouraged to attend. More information will be provided once the date is announced.
The Carolinas campus will hold their first official homecoming in 2020, which will mark the inaugural class’s five-year reunion. Of course, you are welcome to visit any of the VCOM campuses at any time!
Your accomplishments as medical students and as physicians continue to make us proud. Without your help, it will not be possible to stay in touch or to keep you updated on the VCOM campuses. If you have moved or changed job positions, please let us know.
Director of Alumni Relations and Development