Resources for Osteopathic Research Support
- American Academy of Osteopathy - AAO: For practitioners, generate research ideas; quarterly online journal AAOJ
- FORCE – Foundation for Osteopathic Research and Continuing Education: Supporting foundation of the AAO. Purpose is to conduct research on the osteopathic approach to health and translate findings to patient care through educational programming offered to residents, physicians and clinical communities.
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy: Professional membership organization dedicated to teaching and support of post-graduate training in osteopathy. Discussions on current state of research and good bibliography resources.
- Osteopathic Research Center: Affiliated with Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine; PBRNs, multi-site projects
- American Osteopathic Association: Research and Development
- American Osteopathic Foundation Grants & Awards
- Osteopathic Heritage Foundation
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine: Funding Opportunities & Resources
- Foundation for Osteopathic Research and Continuous Education
Federal Funding Agencies and Resources
Many federal agencies and governmental resources have search engines and email subscription services for grant announcements. Below are links to these services and resources.
NIH Services & Resources
Funding Announcement Search: The NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts is the official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research funding opportunities, as well as policy and guideline updates. Go here to search for current Program Announcements and recent notices.
Weekly Emails: NIH Guide LISTSERV transmits weekly emails for staying up to date on funding opportunities, new initiatives and policy changes. All new Guide announcements are included in this service. You can subscribe by going to the NIH’s LISTSERV webpage.
eRA Commons and eSubmissions: Updates to the NIH electronic submission program as well as eRA Commons are available on the eRA Get Connected webpage. A listserv specific to researchers is available on that page.
NIH Podcasts: Podcasts are available through iTunes or can be downloaded individually from the All About Grants Podcast page. These offer insight into the NIH application and award processes, and are designed for investigators.
NIH Extramural Nexus: The Nexus provides regular updates from the NIH Office of Extramural Research to help researchers gain a better understanding of NIH grant issues. The Nexus also offers opportunities for researchers to weigh in on proposed NIH policy changes Please click here for the main Nexus webpage
NIH’s Nexus also has available the NIH Deputy Director of Extramural Research’s blog, Rock Talk. Subscription information to the blog as well as other Nexus updates can be found here.
NIH workshops and training sessions as well as additional LISTSERVS and Feeds can be found on the NIH Get Connected page.
Videos on Peer Review: The Center for Scientific Review posted recordings of a webinar series on peer review. Topics covered: Navigating peer review for Fellowship Grants, navigating peer review for R01 Grants, and briefing for basic research applications.
Grants.gov offers the subscriber options of receiving daily notifications on all new announcements or those from a specific agency, funding type or announcement number. Information on opportunities is also available via RSS feed. For these services, visit the Grants.gov Email Subscription page.
The National Science Foundation offers a subscription service for all NSF Updates. Once subscribed, the user can choose the subscription topics (such as funding opportunities by program area) and the delivery frequency. RSS feeds and podcasts from NSF are available here.
Similar to NSF, HRSA also employs a subscription service where the subscriber can choose specific topics of interest. Open opportunities can also be found on their site.
Proposal Central is a grantmaking website utilized by non-profit, private and some governmental sponsors. Programs, deadlines and contact information can be filtered by sponsor.
NIH Due Dates & Policies
Standard Due Dates for competing applications
Review and Award Cycle information
Section Navigation: Research
- Research Publications
- Scholarly Activity Reporting
- Research Services
- Current Research Projects
- Statistical Consulting
- Office of Research Administration
- Institutional Review Board
- Collaborations and Partnerships
- Student Research at VCOM
- Research Days
- Research Strategic Plan