- Google Maps Directions
- Parking, Handicap Access and Route to Burruss Hall
- Additional Accommodation Options
- From Prices Fork Road, turn right onto Strager Road.
- Go past parking lots on your right. Turn right onto Old Turner Street (the street sign will be on the left of Strager Rd).
- Follow Old Turner Street, around the grassy median and through the cross bars. Park here or continue on driving the sidewalk area, stopping just before the stairs.
- Burruss Hall will be on your left. Look for orange VCOM sign and assistant to help you the rest of the way (see yellow "Burruss Hall" on map).
Wednesday, May 22
Graduation Check In
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Military Ceremony Rehearsal
War Memorial Chapel – Virginia Tech
Mandatory for HPSP graduates
Mandatory In-Person Exit Counseling Session Regarding Financial Aid
5 p.m. - 7 p.m
OMS I Classroom
Thursday, May 23
Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal and Class Photo
10 a.m. (Regalia needed)
Mandatory for all Class of 2019 graduates
Military Promotion Ceremony
2 p.m. - 3 p.m. (military graduates arrive at 1:30 p.m.)
War Memorial Chapel – Virginia Tech
The Banquet is a celebration dinner with seating for graduates and members of their Immediate family (or significant others). Academic, College Service, Military Service, and Ambassador awards are also presented at the banquet.
Friday, May 24
10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (graduate arrival at 9:15 a.m.)
Burruss Hall Auditorium – Virginia Tech
Parking is often a distance from the facility so families should plan to arrive by 9:30 a.m. at the latest to be in seats by 10 a.m.
Immediately Following Graduation Ceremony
Located on the VCOM grounds, patio and adjacent amphitheatre
Food, music, and fun for entire family – special entertainment features for children
Diploma pick up at VCOM Main Campus
1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
All students are asked to complete the order form below to receive graduation announcements and your personalized graduation gift. If you are ordering extra announcements, payment by credit card can be made online.
- Graduation Announcements Order Form [ORDER FORM WILL BE ACTIVE EARLY 2019]
We will provide, free of charge, to all graduating students:
- Graduation Announcements: Fifteen (15) announcements and Fifteen (15) envelopes
- Name Cards: Twenty-five (25) personalized name cards to include in announcements
- Notecards: Twenty-five (25) blank note cards and twenty-five (25) envelopes (can be used to write personal notes to go along with your announcements or keep them for thank you notes)
- Military Promotion Ceremony Announcements:Fifteen (15) announcements and fifteen (15) envelopes for each HPSP recipient
On a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last, you may purchase:
- Extra announcements, $1 each
- Extra namecards, $4 for twenty-five (25) namecards
- Extra notecards, $1 for five (5) notecards
- Extra military announcements, free while supplies last
Each graduate will receive two copies of their diploma. You may choose to get both framed and may do so in any combination of options listed below.
- Fill out the ► Online order form
- Submit full payment by cash or check to VCOM Student Services, 2265 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
- Make checks payable to “VCOM” with the subject line as “Frame Option X”
Order deadline: April 26, 2019
Payment deadline: May 3, 2019
Exceptional Quality Framing
Mr. Lawrence is a local to the area and resides in Christiansburg, VA. He has been framing diplomas for VCOM graduates since the school's inaugural class. He continues to offer exceptional quality framing options at very reasonable costs. Highlights of this service include:
- Solid Wood Frames
- Conservation UV Protective Glass
- Acid-Free Materials
- Dust Cover on Back with Hanger
- VCOM Medal
- Pen and Ink Stipple Drawing Print of VCOM
- Framed Diploma(s) will be completed with diploma inserted and picked up graduation weekend after regalia is returned
Class of 2019 Framing Options
Option 1: $255.00
Option 2: $205.00
Option 3: $255.00
Option 4: $205.00