H. Dean Sutphin, PhD
Vice Provost for International and Appalachian Outreach
Department/Discipline: International and Appalachian OutreachCampuses: Virginia, Louisiana, Carolinas, Auburn
Office: Knollwood 104A
Preferred First Name: H. Dean
|1981||The Ohio State University||PhD|
|1975||Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University||MS|
|1972||Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University||BS|
- General Administration Board of the Graduate School, (USDA), Washington, DC Leadership and Service Award, 2006
- NASULGC, Service Award, 2005
- President’s Leadership and Service Award, 2001
- Distinguished Lecture Award of Appreciation and Recognition for Keynote Morrison, Hobson, Thomas Memorial Lecture, Alabama A & M, University Award, 2005
- American Distance Education Consortium, National Award of Excellence National Winner, 2001
- Program Development Award of Merit, 1999
- Barrier Buster for National Leadership National Winner, 1998
- Salzburg Seminar, Salzburg, Austria, Fellow, 1999
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development Conference, Paris France, Delegate, 1998
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction under “General Community Service”
- Minority Access Award: Recognized as an Institution Committed to Diversity
|2018||Cameron Sumpter, Harold "Skip" Garner, Homer Sutphin, Frederic Rawlins, II||
Wubah AA, Yankson JA, Sumpter C, Rawlins F, Sutphin D, Menier K, Garner HR. Evaluation of an ICD Logging System to Supplement an EMR in a Sub-Saharan Country. Journal of Hospital Administration, 2018;7(2).
|2017||Cameron Sumpter, Harold "Skip" Garner, Homer Sutphin, Frederic Rawlins, II||
Rawlins F, Sumpter C, Sutphin D, Garner HR, Quantifying medical student clinical experiences via an ICD Code Logging App. Int J Med Inform. 2018 Mar;111:51-57. PMID: 29425634.
Sutherland JE, Sutphin D, Redican K, Rawlins F. Telesonagraphy: foundations and future directions. J Ultrasound Med. 2011 Apr; 30(4):517-22.