The Standardized Patient (SP) Program is a methodology of teaching and learning involving the use of an individual hired to portray a particular physical or emotional dysfunction while assessing the medical student’s knowledge relating to interpersonal and communication skills as well as the assessment of specific clinical skills.
We are accepting applications from community members who are committed to improving our medical students' learning experience. As a Standardized Patient, you will be trained to act out specific symptoms or problems, and must consistently recreate the encounter for students during simulated examinations.
This is a part-time, hourly position, reporting on an as-needed basis. Compensation for Standardized patients is $15/hour.
- Standardized Patient Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Standardized Patient Photographic Release (PDF)
Our recruiting is based upon portrayal demographics and this is how you are selected for available cases. If you are not able to submit your application online, please fill out the application found in the SP Forms section of this website and you may print it and send a recent photo to the mailing addresses below:
Section Navigation: Academics
- Preclinical Education
- Clinical Education: Third Year
- Clinical Education: Fourth Year
- Medical Outreach Programs
- Simulation and Technology Center
- VCOM-Affiliated Residency Programs
- MA in Biomedical Sciences
- MS in Applied Healthcare Data Analytics