Jennifer Arnold, Director for Grant Development at VCOM-Carolinas, received her MRA on May 6, 2022. She completed this program during her full-time duties as a Proposal Development Officer in the Research Department, and completed the degree with a 4.0 GPA.
Directly related to her work in the Research Department, this program will allow Jennifer to successfully:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with the legal, ethical and regulatory framework that governs research.
- Develop and evaluate grant proposals.
- Identify new areas for collaborative grant opportunities.
- Negotiate and monitor sponsored contracts and subcontracts.
- Apply the law in regards to intellectual property, technology transfer and commercialization.
- Apply sound financial management concepts in proposal development and funded sponsored projects.
- Respond to financial and non-financial audits of research grants and contracts.
- Apply organizational development theories in leadership and human resource management.
University of Central Florida School of Public Administration offers the Masters of Research Administration (MRA), a comprehensive program that provides the professional skills and management theories and techniques to prepare individuals to practice as highly trained and ethical research administrators. (https://ccie.ucf.edu/public-administration/research-administration/master-research-administration/)