Bethany A. Powers, DO
I grew up in a small town in North Eastern North Carolina, with a population of ~5,000 people. Ever since I can remember, I wanted to go into medicine. I left home early to go to NCSSM for high school and onto Emory for College. In college, I fell in love with teaching while working as a SCUBA instructor. Finding out about Osteopathic Medicine when I started applying, I couldn't have dreamed up a better fit. At GA-PCOM I quickly gravitated toward the OMM department and started running after hours review sessions. Coming to Spartanburg on a random rotation, by the end of my second day I knew it was where I wanted to do residency. I was so impressed with the caliber of training and expectations held by this community of physicians. As a resident, I moonlighted at VCOM as a clinical instructor in the OMM department. After completing my FM training, but wanting more, I went on to a Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine +1 residency in Orlando. Marrying the love of my life brought me back to the upstate, rejoining the physicians I so loved working with. I am now so happy to be doing what I have been so passionate about all along, practicing medicine and teaching the next generations of physicians.
|2015||Florida Hospital East Orlando||Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine +1 Residency|
|2014||Spartanburg Regional Health System||Family Practice Residency|
|2011||Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine||DO|
|2007||Emory University||BA - Sociology|
Awards and Honors
- Rubel award for outstanding performance on the OB-GYN service.
- OMT award for most treatments performed during residency.
Current Professional Organizations
- AAFP - American Academy of Family Physicians
- AAO - American Academy of Osteopathy
- ACOFP - American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- AOA - American Osteopathic Association
- SCAFP - South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- SCOMS - South Carolina Osteopathic Medical Society
- The Cranial Academy