The VCOM Simulation Center offers approved American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) courses available for those requiring AHA BLS certification. AHA BLS instructors at VCOM (sponsored by LGH-Montgomery) provide several methods for you to obtain your BLS for Healthcare Providers certification which are scheduled periodically throughout the year.
No courses are scheduled at this time.
Course Request Form
Please complete the BLS Request Form and you will be contacted as soon as the next AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course is scheduled.
AHA Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED courses are also available upon request. Please contact the Simulation Center for more information.
Includes the cost of the BLS certification card. Cards are distributed through Lewis Gale Hospital-Montgomery Life Training Institute and are available for distribution 6 days following the course.
- Full or Initial Certification: $55.00
- The Initial certification course is designed for those requesting initial AHA BLS certification or a transition from other non-AHA BLS related courses.
- Renewal: $45.00
- Renewal courses are designed for those with prior AHA BLS certifications that have recently expired or nearing expiration.
- HeartCode BLS Skills Check: $25.00
- Part 1 certification required
- Adult and infant skills check to complete BLS for Healthcare providers certification. Skills check conducted by AHA BLS Instructor.
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
Loaner books may be reserved and checked-out from the VCOM Simulation Center and returned on the day of the course or you may purchase your own book from Channing Bete Company, Laerdal Medical Corporation, or Worldpoint ECC, Inc.